New Zealand news
New Zealand Name T20 Squad for Twenty20 World Cup & India Tour16-Aug-2012 03:17:00 GMT
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has named the Twenty20 squad for the upcoming tour of India and ICC World Twenty20.
Young fast bowler Adam Milne has earned a surprise recall to the New Zealand cricket squad to compete at next month's Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
Milne played two Twenty20 internationals for New Zealand against Pakistan in 2010, aged 18, but has since been unable to reclaim a national team place in any format.
Veteran left-arm spinner Daniel Vettori has been named in the 15-man squad announced on Wednesday, but all-rounders Tom Latham and Andy Ellis, and batsman Dean Brownlie - who played in New Zealand's most-recent Twenty20 series against the West Indies - have missed selection.
The first assignment is a Twenty20 series against India with the first match in Vishakhapatnam on 8 September and the second fixture in Chennai on 11 September.
The ICC World Twenty20 sees the Blackcaps in Group D alongside Pakistan and Bangladesh, with their first pool match against Pakistan on 21 September before playing Bangladesh on 23 September to decide who goes through to the next round.
New Zealand Twenty20 squad
- Ross Taylor (captain) – Central Stags
- Doug Bracewell – Central Stags
- James Franklin – Wellington Firebirds
- Martin Guptill – Auckland Aces
- Roneel Hira – Canterbury Wizards
- Rob Nicol – Canterbury Wizards
- Brendon McCullum – Otago Volts
- Nathan McCullum – Otago Volts
- Kyle Mills – Auckland Aces
- Adam Milne – Central Stags
- Jacob Oram – Central Stags
- Tim Southee – Northern Knights
- Daniel Vettori – Northern Knights
- BJ Watling – Northern Knights
- Kane Williamson – Northern Knights