New Zealand in India 2012
New Zealand Announce 15-man Test Squad for India Tour07-Aug-2012 02:39:00 GMT
Auckland: New Zealand Cricket today announced a 15-man Test quad for the upcoming tour of India.
Daniel Vettori has been ruled out of New Zealand's Test tour of India due to a groin injury he suffered in the West Indies, while the batsman Dean Brownlie has been dropped after a disappointing Caribbean tour. The offspinner Jeetan Patel has earned a recall as a result of his outstanding county form for Warwickshire, and the allrounder James Franklin has also been named in a 15-man squad.
National Selection Manager, Kim Littlejohn said "The tour of India will be a great challenge and experience for this squad Unfortunately Daniel Vettori won't recover in time for the Test series but his injury has created and opportunity for Jeetan Patel to come back into the side. He has been in great from for Warwickshire and deserves his opportunity."
The first Test is at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad on 23 August 2012.
Blackcaps Test squad for India tour
- Ross Taylor (captain, Central Stags)
- Trent Boult (Northern Knights)
- Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
- Daniel Flynn (Northern Knights)
- James Franklin (Wellington Firebirds)
- Martin Guptill (Auckland Aces)
- Chris Martin (Auckland Aces)
- Brendon McCullum (Otago Volts)
- Tarun Nethula (Central Stags)
- Jeetan Patel (Wellington Firebirds)
- Tim Southee (Northern Knights)
- Kruger van Wyk (wk, Central Stags)
- Neil Wagner (Otago Volts)
- BJ Watling (wk, Northern Knights)
- Kane Williamson (Northern Knights)