England in India, 2012-13
ECB Finalized India Tour Schedule22-May-2012 17:10:00 GMT
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) on Tuesday revealed the itinerary for England's winter tour to India that will include four Tests, five one-day internationals and two Twenty20s.
England will leave on October 25 for a three-day training camp in Dubai before heading to India four days later, with the first Test beginning on November 15 in Ahmedabad.
Following further five-day matches in Mumbai, Kolkata and Nagpur, England will then play two T20s in Pune and Mumbai on December 20 and 22 respectively before travelling home for Christmas and returning for the ODIs in the New Year.
The first 50-over game begins on January 11 in Rajkot, with all five clashes set to be day-night encounters.
"This will be England's first full tour of India since 2008 and I am sure that cricket fans in both countries will be eagerly anticipating an exciting series of contests in all three formats of the game," the MD of England Cricket Hugh Morris said.
"ECB will also be seeking to finalise an England Performance Programme camp in India before Christmas which will help prepare members of both our Test and T20 squads."
India vs England Test series
- Oct 30-Nov 1: 3-day tour match at CCI, Mumbai.
- Nov 3-5: 3-day tour match at BKC, Mumbai.
- Nov 8-11: 4-day tour match at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- Nov 15-19: 1st Test at Motera, Ahmedabad.
- Nov 23-27: 2nd Test at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
- Dec 5-9: 3rd Test at Kolkata.
- Dec 13-17: 4th Test at Nagpur.
India vs England Twenty20 series
- Dec 20: 1st Twenty20 International at Pune (D/N).
- Dec 22: 2nd Twenty20 International at Wankhede Stadium Mumbai (D/N).
India v England ODI series
- Jan 3: Team arrives in Delhi.
- Jan 6: 50-over tour match: Venue to be decided.
- Jan 8: 50-over tour match: Venue to be decided.
- Jan 11: 1st ODI at Rajkot (D/N)
- Jan 15: 2nd ODI at Kochi (D/N)
- Jan 19: 3rd ODI at Ranchi (D/N)
- Jan 23: 4th ODI at Dharamsala (D/N)
- Jan 27: 5th ODI at Mohali (D/N).