South Africa in England 2012CSA Names Unchanged Proteas' Squad for England Test13-Jun-2012 09:29:00 GMT
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) gave a full vote of confidence to the Proteas’ Castle Test squad that won their last series comprehensively against New Zealand when the selectors named an unchanged group for the three-match series in England.
The 15-man party will play Tests at The Oval in London and at Headingley in Leeds before returning to London for the final match at Lord’s. The series starts on July 19 with the final Test finishing on August 20.
The two countries are ranked Nos. 1 and 2 on the latest ICC Test match rankings announced this week at the conclusion of England’s series against the West Indies.
Hudson said that AB de Villiers would be the reserve wicketkeeper for the Test series.
Captain Graeme Smith has made a complete recovery from his out-of-season operation and has already had two throw-down sessions with national coach Gary Kirsten.
Johan Botha (knee injury) has been forced to withdraw from the T20 series in Zimbabwe. Hashim Amla will take over the captaincy and the squad will be reduced to 14 players.
South Africa Test squad
- Graeme Smith (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras, capt)
- Hashim Amla (Sunfoil Dolphins)
- Mark Boucher (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Marchant de Lange (Nashua Titans)
- AB de Villiers (Nashua Titans)
- JP Duminy (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Imran Tahir (bizhub Highveld Lions)
- Jacques Kallis (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Morne Morkel (Nashua Titans)
- Alviro Petersen (bizhub Highveld Lions)
- Robin Peterson (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Vernon Philander (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Jacques Rudolph (Nashua Titans)
- Dale Steyn (Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras)
- Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Chevrolet Warriors)