Champions League Twenty20 2012
Champions League 2012 Qualifying Schedule27-Jul-2012 17:27:00 GMT
New Delhi: The fourth edition of the Champions League Twenty20 will feature a total of 14 teams and 29 matches across four venues -- Centurion, Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
The Group Stage will be preceded by a Qualifying Stage from October 9 to October 11 featuring six teams. These teams have been equally divided into two pools with each team playing the other two in its pool once.
The top team in each pool, in terms of points, will then qualify for the Group Stage. If teams from the same pool are equal on points, the qualifier will be decided by net run rate.
"We are delighted to announce the match-schedule of the Champions League Twenty20 2012. This is the second time the tournament will be played in South Africa, and we have no doubt that it will be as, if not more successful, than the 2010 edition," said Chairman of the Champions League Twenty20 Governing Council N Srinivasan.
Champions League 2012 Qualifying Schedule
- Tue Oct 09 - England Runner vs Sri Lanka Winner at Johannesburg
- Tue Oct 09 - Auckland v Sialkot Stallions at Johannesburg (day/night)
- Wed Oct 10 - Auckland v Engalnd Winner
- Wed Oct 10 - Trinidad & Tobago v Engalnd Runner (day/night)
- Thu Oct 11 - Trinidad & Tobago v Sri Lanka Winner
- Thu Oct 11 - Sialkot Stallions v Engalnd Winner (day/night)